Aston Martin co-owner and government chairman Lawrence Stroll says he hopes to safe Adrian Newey’s providers and is “very excited” by the prospect, as he has been chasing the legendary designer for quite a lot of years.
Newey (pictured above) introduced his plans to depart from Pink Bull after almost 20 years earlier this 12 months, with the 65-year-old then taking a while off to guage his subsequent transfer. He has been linked with quite a lot of Components 1 groups since information of his availability broke, however the most certainly locations had been believed to be Aston Martin and Ferrari, and Stroll instructed the Bloomberg information company he believes a deal is shut.
“I definitely hope so,” Stroll stated when requested if Newey could be becoming a member of Aston Martin. “Adrian and I’ve been speaking not just for months however really for years.
“Adrian is clearly probably the most gifted and gifted particular person in Components 1 primarily based on his observe document and historical past, along with being a hell of a gentleman. So I’d be very excited for Adrian to hitch our staff, as I feel each different Components 1 staff on the grid would really feel precisely the identical.”
When it was put to Stroll that he has been pulling out the entire stops to safe Newey, the Aston Martin proprietor added: “You’ll be able to undoubtedly assume that.”
Las Vegas GP provides first assist race to F1 with Ferrari Problem
The RACER Mailbag, September 4
Why Antonelli’s Monza crash did not depart a mark
Newey’s arrival at Aston Martin may very well be introduced as early as subsequent week, with Aston Martin having scheduled a press convention at its headquarters on Tuesday forward of the Azerbaijan Grand Prix.
The Pink Bull chief technical officer is because of proceed working together with his present staff till the tip of this season, leaving his place within the first quarter of 2025 however sustaining hyperlinks by way of his RB17 street automotive venture that was unveiled on the Goodwood Pageant of Pace earlier this summer season.
Aston Martin is presently fifth within the F1 constructors’ championship with 74 factors, 40 away from RB in sixth however over 200 factors adrift of Mercedes in fourth, and has secured only one top-five end all season.
On Tuesday the staff introduced what it described as “a big milestone in its preparation for the brand new 2026 F1 laws” within the type of a technical collaboration settlement signed Aston Martin and its key companions Aramco, Honda and Valvoline. The staff says the collaboration “goals to leverage every of the world-class companions’ experience and expertise to create the absolute best alternatives” from the beginning of the brand new F1 laws in 2026.